Share

Widgets

Friday 17 May 2013

Hong Kong accommodation - and return trip

I know, I know...I've not even left yet and already I'm thinking about how I'm going to return!
Well, for a trip of this magnitude, a girl's godda be organised.  So I've already booked my One Way flight back - for a very reasonable price: 399 Euros inc. tax with Aeroflot via Moscow.


Source: http://aviophobia.net/
Please don't feed my fear.  Yes, the price is very good, and then you see who the airline is.  But let's not be in a hurry to judge them!  I checked: they fly Airbuses now (I had a fear they'd fly a cargo carrier or something, in keeping with my cargo trip by ship out, why not the plane back?!)
I did wonder if I would stop overnight and see Moscow.  Ha!  Fat chance!  The visa process (yes, even for a stopover) is a nightmare.  Oh well Moscow, if you don't want my tourism...

Now then: as you may all be aware, Hong Kong is an expensive city!  So where am I going to stay?  Well, Facebook kept putting up adverts for Airbnb, a site where people list their spare room in their house...heck...even their whole house!  I have found a nice place for 9 nights for the grand total of 273 Euros!  This is for a room in a place...I won't feed you too much information yet as I want to experience it myself first too.

Next cometh the Yellow Fever inoculation (I'll leave that for another blog post).

I can't wait to see the HKG skyline at night!  (Source: http://news.ncbs.res.in/forums/image/hong-kong-night-skyline)

No comments :